The Department of Information Technology's (DIT) Network Section is responsible for maintaining the Email System and Internet Services for the Navajo Nation Government, which includes the following:
DIT's Network section is responsible for the setup and maintenance of various network servers. Administration of these servers include: customizing / upgrading servers to fit end user's needs; add / delete / change usernames and passwords; update definition files weekly; provide web hosting services to tribal departments.
DIT's Network section manages an email server, anti-virus server, authentication server, web server, several tribal department servers, internal DNS / AD / DHCP / WINS server, and an external DNS server.
In addition, this section also helps with the installation / re-installation and configuration of desktop computer software, and the setup / upgrade of desktop computer hardware.
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Make changes / additions to network equipment
- Maintain wide area networks and local area networks such as:
- Remote layer 2 connections to (Tuba City, Kayenta, Shiprock, Crownpoint, Chinle, Aneth and Dilkon)
- Lease line for National Crime Information
- Center for Law Enforcement's seven districts.
- Setup WiFi wireless equipment: access point inside DIT and building to building connectivity.
- Local area gigabit backbone in Window Rock.